Property Sale Plan
Gain on sale of immovable property (including land) situated in India is chargeable to tax in India irrespective of an Individual’s residential status. In certain cases, at the time of sale of the property, buyers are required to deduct tax (TDS) on the amount paid to the seller. In case of NRIs, such tax deduction happens at the higher rate of 20%. Filing your tax returns in India can possibly help you obtain a refund of the tax so deducted depending on your taxable income in India. For consultation on tax planning to claim tax exemption and also to calculate capital gain portion in advance on the sale consideration for TDS purpose, you can avail our Tax Consultation Plan.
- Profit or loss on sale of residential house property.
- Profit or loss on sale of land or building.
- Profit or loss on sale of agricultural land situated in an urban area.
- Interest from savings bank accounts and fixed deposits in India.
Incomes Covered in the Plan
- CA Certifications and valuations.
- Lower or NIL TDS certificate from the Tax Department.